In this video we demonstrate how to poach an egg. Here are a few pointers to help get the perfect poached egg.
- Make sure that your water is just below boiling, a high simmer.
- Add a splash of white wine vinegar to your water.
- Have a large amount of water, do not try and poach in a pan with barely enough water in it.
- Use the freshest eggs possible.
- Have your eggs at room temperature.
- Season the eggs after they have been poached, do not season the water as the salt will break down the egg whites.
- Poach for 3 minutes to get a soft, runny centre.