Spicy meatballs are one of our favourites, they have been on the menu for a while now and are as popular as ever. We like to make them on the hotter side of spicy by using a mixture of fresh chillies and chilli flakes. We serve them with a spicy tomato sauce; you get a double whammy of heat.
If you do not like your meatballs overly hot then the amounts of chilli can be reduced to your taste.
- 50g Flat Leaf Parsley, picked and chopped
- 1 x Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 x Garlic Cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 500g Pork Mince
- 4 x Egg Yolks
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- 4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 x Red Chilli
- Sweat off the onions in a little olive oil, then add the garlic.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients and shape into balls.
- Place the balls onto a plate and place into the fridge to chill.
- Get a frying or sauté pan hot and add a small amount of cooking oil. Fry the meatballs until a golden brown colour on the outside.
- Place into a pre heated oven @ 200 oC and bake for 10 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite sauce and pasta.
Download the Spicy Meatballs recipe sheet.